Milton Street MPD performed well after a few problems on the morning of the Warley show.
After set up on the friday night, all was well. Once the show got going on the saturday morning we first had problems with the servo's twitching on all of the points. Investigation of the Megapoints Controllers board found it to be running very hot. Intially we though this was down to the transformer, so we plugged in a spare but after a few minutes, the problems returned.
Luckily Megapoints had a stand at the show, so after a quick chat with the owner Dave Fenton, he furnished us with a new, latest spec board in exchange for the old one. A quick change over of the boards and resetting of the servos was under taken whilst a couple of locos were moved about on the layout.
We also experienced problems with the microswitches that change the polarity of the frogs, a few of these needed adjusting through the show, so we've decided to replace these with new switches with longer activation levers.
One thing we did have problems with the whole show, and has been a recurring problem over the past few shows is the turntable. This is a Heljan model that is supposed to stop at user defined positions. Unfortunately the table has always lost the precise indexing that a turntable requires, so we have decided to make some modifications to make it more reliable and user friendly.
To read about these changes, please visit the Milton Street MPD Updates page.
Work has been progressing on Gallowmere, please visit the Gallowmere Updates page for more info.
We have been provisionally asked to return to Warley in 2018.